Occupational Therapists are healthcare professionals that work with people who are experiencing challenges with their health, in whatever way that manifests, be that physical, mental or social issues. If a person cannot carry out the activities they want, or need to do, this will usually have a greater impact on their wellbeing than the initial diagnosis, event or injury.
I have worked with OTs all of my professional career and I remain in AWE of their talent to help individuals get back to their desired activities of daily living. You bunch truly are the most creative, innovative and efficacious members of our allied health team.Sarah – Speech and Language Pathologist
Occupational Therapy uses activity based interventions as therapeutic tools to support clients to develop and/or maintain their overall wellbeing. This is a person centered therapy focusing on the individual and not the diagnosis/injury.
We work collaboratively with our clients to explore their goals, with the aim of therapeutic interventions being to support clients to preserve, or develop, their independence and the autonomy necessary for their activities of daily living, family and professional life.
- practical support and advice following injury or illness
- psycho education around diagnoses
- support in adapting to new ways of living
- equipping people with new skills in self-belief
- confidence building
- supporting people through periods of unusual high stress
- practical solutions for adapting homes and environments
- advice on specialist equipment
- restoring skills after accident or illness.
Sessions begin with an assessment, either in your home or at the clinic in Gabian. From the assessment we will collaborate together to create a treatment programme together, evaluation reports are available on request.
During the assessment we will explore areas such as:
- What you can and cannot do
- What you would like to and/or need to do
- Cognitive abilities including organisation, memory and coping strategies
- How your physical, social and emotional environment is impacting on your life
- Social and emotional support available to you
- Physical areas of need such as building strength, coordination and balance
- Adaptations that may be necessary to support you in maintaining your independence
Treatment is activity based and will involve undertaking tasks that have meaning and relevance to the client and support them in achieving their treatment goals. Sessions can take place in your home, the community or the clinic in Gabian.
Session costs are 60€, assessments usually take an hour and treatment sessions are around 1-1.5 hours.
Reports are an additional cost.
Unfortunately independent occupational therapy is not covered by the carte vitale but may be included in some mutuelles. Receipts can be provided for mutuelles.
To book or enquire about sessions please call Josephine on +33677054246 or email email@example.com