I have decided to take away some of the uncertainty of my work and offer the meditation ateliers online again for December. Come and join me in the south of France for a bit of respite, and build up your physical and emotional resilience for the holidays. Please contact me via email@example.com to make a booking.
Mondays 1-2pm (French time, UTC+1)
12-1pm UK, 7-8am New York and 8-9pm Perth (Australia)
30th November, 7th December, 14th December and 21st December, 25€ for 4 sessions.
Fridays, 10-11am (French time, UTC+1)
9-10am UK and 5-6pm Perth
4th, 11th and 18th December. Due to Christmas this will only be a three week block this month at a cost of 18.75€.
What to expect
Offering an invitation to pause, a guided meditation, a poem and a cup of tea, a space held in companionable silence.
The meditations are secular, whatever your background or faith you are welcome. We explore specific, mindfulness and mindful self compassion meditation tools and techniques based on those taught within the evidence based 8 week Mindfulness Based Approaches and Compassion Focussed Therapy. The aim of the meditations is to equipe you with some new tools to handle challenging physical sensations, feelings, moods or social interactions.
The blocks run as a package and the meditations are built on each week from the session prior, beginners and experienced practitioners welcome.
What you’ll need:
- Access to the internet. I’ll send a Zoom link, you do not need to have the application to access the group it can be done through you’re internet browser
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- An exercise mat
- A blanket in cooler weather
- A chair, stool or cushions for the sitting practice and any props for your own comfort.
- Please prepare a non alcoholic drink to have for the tea meditation, this acts as a transition from the quiet of the formal meditation and models how activities of daily living can be a meditation
- Brief check-in and discussion about setting up for the practice
- Mindful Compassion Based Meditation
- Tea Meditation
- Sharing Space/Companionable Silence
- Breathing Technique
When you arrive we will have a quick hello and then I’ll mute your microphone when we start, this will make it easier to avoid disturbances.
After the practice I will read a poem and move into a tea meditation, you are invited to take part in by pouring yourself a hot drink or having a glass of water to sip in companionable silence. This activity based meditation is an invitation to transition from the quieter, formal practice, modeling how any activity within our days can be meditative if we drop into the present moment and sensations we experience and notice.
There will then be a 5-10 minute space for sharing our experiences of the practice. I will unmute everybody at this time. We can of course remain in companionable silence together until the close of the practice at 11am with a breathing space.
After each session I write a blog post summarizing the practices, it includes links to online meditations I have recorded for you to use in your own time. You’ll find the poem there too.
If you have any questions do get in touch.